Saturday, July 14, 2007

I OD'd on Africa thoughts/talk today

Hey Friends!

So word to the wise, be careful to not shut out thoughts of Africa for two days and then purge. Thursday and Friday I completely blocked out thoughts about Africa. Friday night I went and saw The Last King of Scotland at a friends house. Today I woke up thinking about people in Uganda, I then received an e-mail from Hudson (actually he spells his name Hardson). I replied to his e-mail and then sent an e-mail to Christopher. Afterwards, I went to lunch with a friend who had been in Malawi for three months about transition and then proceeded to talk with another friend in detail about all the counseling details of the trip (she's a fellow MFT student). By the time by brother took me to dinner, I was spent. It was not only exhausted from all the stuff, but emotionally, I was a wreck. All the details of the trip were flooding my mind.

However, if you want to have a sharp remembrance of the people, the experience of the camps, you can catch the experience through invisible children's website with video feeds. Follow the link and click the Video diary link in the header, and watch the videos:

http://www.invisiblechildren.com/displaceMe/

I watched days two and three and I was joyed and also pained with the memories of our times in the camps with the people. I mentioned you all today multiple times and I miss you all. Jon, I know we were only roomies for 2 weeks, but gosh I miss our good conversations before bed. Hope you are doing well buddy! But I seriously love you all and wish I was living that intensely again with all of you. Nancy, I have been praying for you and God's will, if it includes long term missions in Uganda. Uganda9, you are all wonderful. - Greg

1 comment:

Big Poppa said...

Dear Greg:
Right back at ya, buddy! Happy belated birthday, by the way! Hope it was a great one.
Africa is never far from my thoughts, as well as thoughts of you and the rest of the team. It was a very intense couple of weeks, and not easy to relegate to past experience.
Thank you for your prayers for my decision about ministry with COTN - I really appreciate them.
May God bless you and keep you in His peace - Nancy