Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Uganda 9 Presents...




Hey guys! I am glad to hear that our trip to Uganda is still affecting us as we continue in our daily lives. I know that for me it is a little slow in coming out; I have moments, but I wonder if they are directly related. I know that the trip was different for me than it was for any of you, and each of you can say the same. It is wonderful to see the profound impact it is having on Nancy and I know that God is speaking to all of us in different ways. I think that the presentation was an exorcism of sorts for me. I did not think of it until I was just reading Camille's post and read about her not wanting to share about her experience. I now think that I was feeling a little similar in that I did not want to dilute the experience bit sharing my experience a little at a time. It was a good cleansing for me, I think.

About 50-60 people showed up, most of whom we knew from various activities around town. Autumn's family came out; that was a real blessing to have them come out and support us like that. Autumn's slide show was tops; she lost more than a little sleep over it and the result was a fantastic presentation. There has been talk of a second presentation, but we have not really planned anything yet. We'll see what happens.God only knows what's in store next. I know that Autumn is already ready to go back. As for me, I am happy to be home for now. God Bless each of you.

Peace Be With You

Aaron

1 comment:

Big Poppa said...

Dear Aaron:
What a surprise to see the pictures of that precious baby on the blog! Thank you so much for posting them, but I hope the rest of the team isn't sick to death of me by now!
I am so glad to hear about your presentation, and that there may be a sequel! How exciting and what a marvelous opportunity! May God bless you and Autumn as you continue to process the trip and the presentation. It will be awesome to see how God continues to work in and through you from this experience - in expected, and unexpected ways!
I send you both my love - Nancy